Thursday, April 2, 2009

Idol Recap

When Season 8 of American Idol began, I proclaimed that I felt that this was easily the most talented group of singers that any season had ever had. However, as the weeks go on, I am beginning to see some weaker links in the Idol chain. These kids are still talented but they really are just not picking the right song. How many times do the judges need to tell Lil Rounds to sing Mary J. Blidge before she actually listens to them and takes their advice? I feel like the strongest singers are Adam and Allison. Gokey, Matt, and Chris are good too but Allison and Adam just have the performer gene in them. I wish I could say that I had a favorite but I don’t. My pick changes week to week based on whose song I liked the best. Last week is was Matt, this week is was Chris. The one thing I do know is that with all of the talent on the stage, we shouldn’t run into another Taylor Hicks situation. We will definitely end up with a great recording artist in the end!

No comments: