Monday, April 6, 2009

Bikes & BBQs

Saturday, Casey and I had a very fun evening planned. We were going to take our bikes out to some trails we had seen around the lake and go for a nice ride. After the ride, we were going to follow it up with a BBQ and picnic by the lake. Unfortunately, our night did not exactly go as planned. Casey and I had done so much lake exploring that we could not remember where the trails that we wanted to rider were so by the time we found them it was almost sunset. We got in a short ride and then headed back to start the BBQ for the burgers. As I was getting the patties ready, Casey was throwing just about every match we had into the coals that were supposed to be easy to ignite. The coals must have gotten wet from the rain we had a couple weeks ago because they did not want to light. We eventually gave up and went back to my place and I cooked the burgers on the stove. It didn’t work out like we had hoped it would but we laughed it off and still had a great night.

No comments: