Monday, March 9, 2009

Feeding giraffes...by hand!

Yes, that's right, I have fed a giraffe by hand. It was so cool! Last Friday Casey and I both took the day off work to go on some adventures around the great state of Texas. Our first stop was at Fossil Rim Wildlife Center. It's one of those places where you can drive through and feed the animals as they come up to your car. The ostriches freaked me out...seriously, I just really don't like any creature in the bird family. The deers and antelope were really cool and were definitiely not afraid of the car. The highlight was the giraffes by far. You would never realize how huge they really are until you are basically under them. I mean, I looked out my window and all I could see were legs. The giraffe was ALL about the food too. He would have stuck his neck into my car to get the food had I not held it out for him. The only downfall was the entense amounts of slobber that coated my hand. Luckily, I came prepared with wipes and Purel in the car. You can see pictures below of all of the cool animals we got to see. Thanks to Julie and her mom for hooking me up with the tickets!

To continue our Texas Tour, we went to Waco. Here we toured the Dr. Pepper Museum, watched the Mesquite High School Skeeters win the state semi-finals basketball game, and got a delicious bite to eat at a local place called George's. If you make it to Waco, I would strongly suggest stopping by.

2 comments:

CourtChavPR said...

awesome photos!!! Happy belated birthday by the way!

CourtChavPR said...

awesome photos! happy belated birthday by the way!!!