Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's Fed Ex!

If you need a package shipped faster than the speed of light, you do not need to look any farther than your local FedEx office. Yesterday, I shipped off a beautifully made basket for a client that lives in Toronto, Ontario in Canada. I took it down to our shipping department here at around 2:00pm. Around 4:00pm, my manager informed me that the address had been incorrect in our system along with the name of the client (we had everything addressed to Clair when it needed to be Clara). Being the good assistant that I am, I quickly called FedEx to get the package back as soon as possible. Figuring it couldn’t have gone much farther than the airport, I knew this would be easy. Fiona with FedEx was my lovely customer service rep and I told her my situation. Something interesting happened when she input the tracking number though, the package was showing it was picked up at 3:22 pm and was already now in Mississauga, Ontario (keep in mind it’s around 4:30 now). When she said this, we both started laughing because this was completely impossible. However, it showed the package being scanned in. I knew I overnighted the box but 2 hours and already in Canada? Really? I asked Fiona if FedEx was using NASA quality jets now-a-days and commended FedEx on their ridiculously unbelievable speedy service. Fiona and I got a big kick out of it, but how it happened remains a mystery. So, to conclude, if you are looking for the fastest service in town, call FedEx.

No comments: