
My favorite thing to do at Forrest Home (the camp I went to growing up) was to find a quiet place somewhere out in nature to just sit, reflect, and ahve a moment with God. Typically these spots were along a creek or hidden in the trees somewhere. Well, since I am too old to go to summer camp anymore, I’ve started to do it on the capming trips I’ve been taking recently. On Sunday morning, in Cossatot Falls, I woke up and went for a little walk. I found a path down to the river and saw the most amazing site. It was freezing outside but the sun was burning brightly causing this mist to rise up from the river. The mist just moved along the top of the water like it was dancing. It was truly beautiful. The mountains around the creek with the fall colors only added to the beauty. It’s moments like these that I don’t see how anyone could NOT believe in God. It’s also times like these that I just appreciate what a beautiful artist God truly is. In this fast-paced, busy, cell-phone talking, radio listening to world we live in, it’s very rare to get a quiet moment. For the few minutes I enjoyed this scene, I just felt like God was there and that he would actually hear me if I spoke to him. I said a prayer and then carried on back to the campsite. But wow, if only everyday could be filled with more moments like those.
“In the secret, in the quiet place
In the stillness You are there.
In the secret, in the quiet hour I wait,
Only for You,'cause I want to know You more”
~ Chris Tomlin
2 comments:
way cool. I love that song.
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! See you soon...
Post a Comment