Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Decieved...on Election Day!

My morning started off well enough. I was actually pretty excited since it was my first time to actually vote in a formal poll (last election I had to vote by absentee ballot). I got there right as the polls opened and was one of the first to vote. This whole week I have been looking forward to getting my “I Voted” sticker and wearing it around proudly all day. After submitting my vote though, sadly, I did not receive the classic sticker that I had seen my parents wear when I was younger. However, outside the church where I voted was a little old lady with a table set up. She was giving away cookies, tiny American flags, and stickers! Everyone that walked out was getting a sticker from her so I joined in, excited to be getting to live out my sticker dream. This was not the classic sticker I knew and loved though. It said “Yes I did!” on it with a little American emblem and a check mark in it. I would have to settle for the homemade sticker. After being at work for a few hours, Debra came over to visit me and see if I voted. I proudly showed her my sticker only to hear her say “You voted for Obama?” I was confused by this question until she pointed out that the American emblem on my sticker was in fact, Obama’s logo! Who knew he had a logo? Instantly, I was furious that I had been deceived. I had been deceived by the face of innocence…a little old church lady. So my friends, on this election day, beware of these little old church ladies recklessly handing out these stickers. And above all, do not be fooled by the chocolate chip cookies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't get a sticker either. So sad. But there were no little old ladies to fool me!