Monday, November 17, 2008

Christmas in November

Last Friday was the opening of ICE! here at the Texan. We got to have a sneak preview of the exhibit so I took some pictures so you all who don’t get a chance to come can see what it’s like. You can’t tell from the pictures but it is literally FREEZING in there! Nine degrees to be exact. One parka just does not work when it is that cold. That night was the lighting ceremony in the atrium and I dragged Casey to that with me. Luckily, 3 of the girls I work with also dragged their boyfriends there so he had some buddies to get a beer with while we waited. We got snuck into the VIP section by some other co-workers so we had a great view. They have been decorating the atrium since October 3rd so I feel like it’s been due to be Christmas for a long time now. But I really so love the atrium this time of year. At night, it truly is magical!

The entrance to ICE!
The Coca-Cola Bears
The Winter Forrest. This is my favorite part and apparently where a ton of Holiday proposals happen

Being a Chi Omega, I still find myself drawn to Owls!

The atrium all lit up

I thought you would appreciate this Mom and Dad. It's a wine bottle tree outside of Old Hickory!

No comments: