Monday, October 27, 2008

"You and I both love..."

Thursday night, my friends Kate, Amy, and I all went to see Jason Mraz in concert. The last time I saw him, he was performing at the Del Mar Fair. Needless to say, it looks like he has come a long way. We started the evening off with some delicious skillet queso from the famous Chili’s. After reading that, I bet you are starting to crave some skillet queso yourself…I know, it’s just that good. We headed off to the concert and when pulling up to park, Kate made the executive decision to park VIP (totally the way to go by the way). We parked right outside the entrance! After the concert, we hopped in our car and all of the flag guys directing traffic stopped all the other cars to let the VIP’s through. We felt very important. The concert was great! Our crush for Jason Mraz definitely grew that night. He was so funny and entertaining. He taught us important life lessons through his songs like “I won’t worry my life away” and “desperation is a mambo so dance it.” I was just impressed with his voice. Boy can sing! At one point he started singing this opera song and his drummer joined in. I was shocked at how good he was. As a whole, the concert was great. However, we were disappointed when he didn’t sing our favorite songs. Amy said she might have to write a message to him on his myspace page to express our disappointment. We made up for it though by rocking out to “you and I both” in the car on the way out of the parking lot. Who needs Jason when you’ve got Amy, Kate, and Jenna to serenade you?

No comments: