so I already read through and picked the ones I wanted to try first. So on Sunday, I made my first pot roast. It was delicious! Taking after my father, I of course could not stick to the bland recipe provided in the free cookbook. I had to kick it up a notch and make it better. Thanks to some motherly advice, I replaced the onions with onion soup mix and the mushrooms with cream of mushroom soup. My favorite part of the crockpot cooking experience…only 1 dish to clean at the end of the night! How can you beat that?! After the initial cooking experience, I was hooked. Yesterday, while at work, I was slow-cooking some chicken with rosemary and great northern beans. Again, not to toot my own horn but TOOT TOOT! It was AMAZING! So the 3rd round will be this Sunday and it’s going to be a kind of cheesy chicken but after talking with my cooking buddy Kate, I am going to make it a little chicken cordon blue and add some prosciutto. It’s still in the works but I think I’ll have a plan by Sunday. I’ll let you know how it turns out. Until then, just call me the Queen of Crockpots!
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment