Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Night at the Theater

Last night, Casey and I got the opportunity to go to the theater! Thanks to Margaret, my mom’s college roommate, who gave me her tickets because she was going to be out of town. The show we went to go see was The Color Purple which I was really excited about since Oprah talks about it all the time. Even though O (I like to call Oprah “O” since we are close like that) I really didn’t have any clue what the story was about. Later I come to find out that Casey has seen the movie like 4 times which was a surprise to me. Anyway, Casey and I got all dressed up and headed to Fair Park to see our first show together. Once I walked into the theater I realized it had been way to long since I had seen a live show. The ushers directed us to our seats and the first thing that Casey said to me was “What? You couldn’t get better seats?” which was clearly a sarcastic statement judging by the fact that we were center orchestra and the perfect distance from the stage. We decided then that Margret had officially spoiled us with the seats. I think it was probably like flying first class, after that, flying coach just isn’t the same after you know how good it could be. The show was AMAZING! I loved the music and the character Sofia was by far my favorite. I laughed out loud every time she came on stage. I knew it was a really good show with an awesome cast when I started tearing up at the end. It just reminded me how much I love the theater and how much I miss being a part of shows. Whether it’s choreographing the children’s church musical or getting my first lead and partial solo, being there took me back and just made me want to see more. They were advertising the 2009 season and I already told Casey that one way or another, I am seeing Legally Blonde the musical (I already know all the songs by heart and thanks to MTV who aired the live Broadway show which of course I recorded). Overall, it was such a nice night and an awesome show! Thanks Margaret!

No comments: