Friday, May 8, 2009

Rockstars

Rockstars and music have surrounded my life this week. First by being on American Idol this week. All of the idols sang rock songs and some did and AMAZING job. Adam and Allison did a fantastic job (this is their genre after all). I really enjoyed Chris’s Beatles song. And then…there was Danny. Danny, Danny, Danny. Oh how I wish you had chosen another song. His last note literally sounded like someone screaming in pain. I couldn’t look at the TV because I was too embarrassed for him. He got the sympathy vote though and will remain for another week.

The second rockstar in my life would be my downstairs neighbor. I have had issues with her loud bass in the past and have politely knocked and asked her to turn down the bass on her stereo. She did and things have gotten a lot better…until Wednesday night at 3AM. I woke up to a loud bass that literally vibrated my bed. For those of you who know me, I’m not the funnest person to be around when I am tired or my sleep gets disrupted. I would first like to know what on earth this girl does for a living that gives her time at this hour of night/morning to blast music. Did I mention it was the same song on repeat? Same beats, over and over and over. By 3:30 I could not take it anymore. I through on my robe and went to confront her. I stomped down my stairs as loud and hard as I could so she would know I was coming. Then I knocked on the door where her dog (who I think is mute) just stared at me through the window. I knocked 4 times and she never answered (coward). However, she did stop the music by the time I entered my apartment again. Hopefully the only rockstars in my life from now on with be the American Idols.

No comments: