Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Casey!

Casey’s birthday was on Monday and everything was going well. I had given him his present on Sunday night and then on his actual birthday, we were planning on going to Outback Steakhouse for dinner. He came over after work and walked straight to the kitchen and said “is there a cake?” I looked at him with surprise because at that moment I didn’t remember him requesting a cake. Then the light bulb went off and I realized I was the worse girlfriend in that moment. How did I forget that he had asked for a German chocolate cake?! How could I have missed not making him a cake ON HIS BIRTHDAY!? After feeling awful, I talked to my mom who reminded me that birthdays in our family are celebrated for an entire week so I had time to make up for it, which I did do on Wednesday. Wednesday when he came over, he had a German chocolate cake with homemade icing waiting for him. Casey seemed to really buy into the whole “week long birthday celebration” and now pulls the birthday card so he can watch basketball instead of LOST or Grey’s Anatomy. I guess it’s the least I can do when I forgot the cake, right?

No comments: