Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mystery Date

So last Thursday, I told Casey that I wanted to do something romantic this weekend. Earlier that week, he had mentioned that it would be fun to get ice cream and take it to the lake to watch the sunset and I had talked about going to Cowboys Red River to go country dancing. I figured that we would do one of those things and I was excited about that. Well, Friday, Casey sent me an email at work that said "Be ready to go at 6:30 tonight." That was it. No clues or anything. Since the dancing would have been on Saturday, I assumed I was getting ice cream and a sunset. I told him I was excited about ice cream and he let me think that that's what we were doing. I was convinced that's what the romantic moment would be. My suspicions started to change when at 6:15 (when I was still on the couch in my comfy clothes because how long does it take to get ready for ice cream?) Casey went into my room to start changing and came out with a bouquet of a dozen roses (see the pic to the right). Now I had been in my room since I got home from work and never saw the roses and still he won't tell me where he hid them. That was when I thought it might be something more than ice cream. I decided I should actually touch up my make-up at that point. Then I saw what he was wearing: nice jeans, a collared shirt, and his dress boots. Ok, so this probably was going to be more than a trip to Braum's. I put on my nice jeans, a blouse, and my new shiny heels and believe it or not, I was ready exactly at 6:30pm. We started heading down 635 heading toward Dallas which just really confused me. We ended up at a place called Bruno's which is an italian restaraunt that overlooks the canals. Quick flashback: On our way to the Cowboys game a few weeks ago, Candace and Ryan were talking about when they lived in Las Colinas on the canals. I mentioned that I had never been to to canals and how it would be fun to go to eat there sometime. Well let me tell you, Casey remembers everthing and he remembered that. We had a table reserved for us in the glassed-in patio that overlooked the canal. It was such a nice dinner and I just enjoyed talking and spending time with him. After dinner, we walked along the canals for a bit which was also very romantic. I was just so surprised and impressed that he came up with the restaraunt and everything on his own. A girl could get used to nights like that!

No comments: