Friday morning both Casey and I woke up really early so we decided to get our site-seeing tour on its way. The first stop was
Balboa Park which I think is one of the prettiest sites in San Diego. It has all of these old buildings that are now museums and a ton of pretty garden areas you can walk through as well. Being early didn’t really pay off here since nothing was open yet but we still got to walk around which was nice. Next was a driving tour of downtown. Casey had to see Petco Park so we drove around there and then over the Coronado Bridge and past the
Hotel Del Coronado which is a historic landmark in the SD area. After driving around downtown, we drove up to Mission Beach which is the beach all of the tourists go to. The people there are let’s say…colorful characters. It’s typical to see people doing a choreographed roller skating routine or a guy who dresses in a thong that is themed for whatever is going on in the world (i.e. stars and stripes for 4th of July). We walked along the beach and had breakfast at this place called the Wave House which is right on the water. It was Casey’s first time in the Pacfic Ocean. We forgot a towel so we didn’t get in (plus it was kind of chilly).

Friday night, my dad cooked a delicious dutch-oven dinner for us. Our good family friends with Kuptz and Woodley’s came over as well. Sherry Woodley and Cheri Kuptz had already met Casey but it was their husbands first times meeting him. My dad sent Casey and I to the store to get some last minute ingredients. I was kind of bummed I had to leave the party but quickly cheered up when the Woodley’s offered us their convertible Porsche to drive on our little errand. I of course took them up on their offer! I was really hoping to see someone who was mean to me in high school while I was driving, hair blowing, in the sleek black Porsche, but alas, no such luck. Dinner was chili, cornbread, and pineapple-cherry cobbler for dessert. It was good as always and it was nice to see all of the extended fam again.

No comments:
Post a Comment