Last night I went to my first Chi Omega Alumni event. I received a newsletter for the Northeast Tarrant County XO Alumni group and it looked like they had a lot of fun events coming up so I decided to try it out. The first meeting was in Southlake and was a wine and cheese event. I never would have expected how nice it would feel to be surrounded by red, yellow, and owls again. It was just really nice to be around women who even though we didn’t know each other, we instantly had a bond. There were women there from every generation, including a grandma who was wearing her letters and a giant gold owl medallion necklace. She seemed like a hoot! (owl pun intended). After being there for a couple of minutes, I thought I recognized a girl there. It turns out that I did recognize her, she works in the spa at the Gaylord and I had spoken to her last week without knowing she is a XO. So we talked and sat together. I signed up for the Happy Owlers (the group that does Happy Hour together once a month) and I signed up for the book club as well (which I’m really excited about!). Overall, I am so glad that I went and I’m looking forward to more fun events!
The New PostSecret Book
12 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment