Friday, August 28, 2009

Mamma Mia!

Last night I had another date night with my friend Alyssa. We went to eat sushi where we caught up on each other’s lives and then followed it up with a little Mamma Mia! I was really glad to have Alyssa with me since she is a big Mamma Mia fan. She had seen it in London and at Bass Hall. I guess you can say that we had high expectations after Alyssa watching it in London and me seeing it on Broadway, but we had our M&M’s in hand and the ABBA lyrics in our heads…we were ready! Donna’s friends and the dad candidates stole the show for sure. The two main characters, Donna and Sophie were not strong singers at all. The mom, Donna, sand kind of like the cowardly lion or like she had peanut butter stuck to the roof of her mouth. It was very bizarre but Alyssa and I got a lot of laughs out of it. Overall, I enjoyed the show but seeing all of these touring shows gets be seriously craving a true Broadway show. Trip to New York anyone?

No comments: