Monday, July 27, 2009

A Weekend of Deals

Casey and I were on a dearch for deals this weekend. Here is what we did...

Friday: Casey and I were invited to go to Lone Star Park with our friends Alyssa and Ryan. Ryan had received some free tickets so we all got free admission, free programs, and a free beverage. Both Casey and I limited ourselves to only $10 each. My luck started out strong. I placed a two $2 bets and got my total up to $7.50. I played on that for the rest of the night. After the races were over, The Eli Young Band got ready to perform. We had planned on staying to watch but we all quickly realized that we are old. Alyssa and I couldn’t stop commenting on how “kids these days dress!” So many crazy short shorts and short dresses on girls who looked about 16 trying to look 21. It was SO crowded in the concert area we had no place to sit and I think I stepped in a puddle of beer. We decided give in to our elderly state and call it a night.

Saturday: Casey and I were looking for deals this weekend and boy did we find one at Market Street. Thanks to an add in the paper we saw that for a $1 donation, we got a hotdog/hamburger, drink, chips, and a Blue Bell banana split. Well just the mention of Blue Bell got Casey out the door. The store also had a big fajita deal. When you bought the fajita meat, we got refried beans, tortillas, salsa, chips, and guacamole free! How could we pass this up? Plus, there is enough meat to probably eat for the next 2 days.

Sunday: We met up with Casey’s friends Justin, Kyle, Bradley, and Philpot (real name is Johnny) for a fun day at Hurricane Harbor. Casey and I were smart and packed a lunch so once again, we ate for free! It was an interesting experience going to a water park and being the only girl in the group. The boys made me go down the biggest, steepest slides of course which I was quite nervous about. Then they were all trying to get closest to the edge or tip the tube over, unlike my goal of just trying to make it to the bottom in once piece. It was a lot of fun though. I think we rode every ride in the park!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I understand about getting old..it makes me sad. It's the only reason I wasn't there to see Eli Young!