Boy did it rain last night! When I say rain, I don’t mean the pitter-patter of a drizzle. I mean winds that made me cower behind a chair, caused the power to go out 5 different times, and had the news telling people in Grapevine to take cover. I am not exaggerating when I say this, at one point, the wind gusts were so strong that my fake plant in my living room was blowing in the wind that made it through the sides of my door. Of course, Casey wasn’t there to calm me down. He had attempted to go the Ranger game (before it started raining) and ended up standing under the bleachers for 3 hours. Eventually, the tornado warning passed but the rain, wind, and hail did not stop. There were 3 different leaks in my apartment last night. One in my bathroom, one in the top of my closet (needless to say I have severely damp clothes), and one long crack over my bedroom window which I now think is growing some mold. It was basically raining in my room with this leak that went the whole length of my window. This morning, there were trees all over the parking lot of my apartment and the roads. There were also shingles scattered over the grass and in the parking lot, which would explain all the leaks. It’s supposed to rain again tonight and all I know is that California did not prepare me for these Texas storms.
1 comment:
Even for those of us who have been prepared by a lifetime in Texas, it was a rough night. Did anyone sleep? I'm hoping tonight will be much calmer. Glad you are safe!
Post a Comment