To celebrate 4th of July, Casey and I went out to some land that his parents own in the outskirts of Commerce, TX. The actual city is called South Sulfur, TX (picturing it already, aren't you?) Yes, you probably have never heard of it and there is a good reason...there is NOTHING there, not even a stop light! I was a little nervous at first that I was going to go crazy by the end of the day. I kept asking casey how far it was to the nearest civilization (which to me apparently means where there is a Chili's since the question of the hour was "How far do I have to drive to get some skillet queso?") After being out in the country for about an hour though, it kind of starts to grow on you. I felt a country twang consuming my speech and found myself sitting on the front porch sipping some ice tea and playing dominos. It was actually really relaxing. We really didn't do much all day besides eat, sit on the porch or by the pond, play dominos, and dominate in horse shoes. When it got dark, the real fun began. People had brought an arsenol of fireworks and it took about an hour to set the majority of them off. Casey and I left around 11pm and they still had several boxes left to go through. I got to set one off though which was kind of scary and fun at the same time. By the end of the day, I am happy to say that I didn't go crazy and that I kind of like the country...in small doses of course.
1 comment:
The country sounds like fun...except for the at-home fireworks show. I am deathly afraid of amateur fireworks! (I had a bad experience...) That's why 4th of July is my most un-favorite holiday. :)
Post a Comment